New Paltz Campus or Olive Bridge - NY-56-05
Olivebridge, NY - Ulster County
New Paltz Campus Bridge
- Carried: Private Road
- Crossed: Old Channel of Esopus Creek
- Truss Type: Town Lattice Truss
- Year Built: 1898
- Builder: Nelson Tompkins
- Structure Characteristics: 62 ft. span
- World Guide No.: 32-56-05
- National Register of Historic Places Date: Application currently in the works.
Also known as the Olive or Turnwood Bridge, East of Olivebridge on the New York Sate University Campus, this bridge was built in 1889 but moved to it's current location in 1930. The bridge crosses the Old Channel of the Esopus Creek, is a Town Lattice, 62-foot long, single-span structure.
New Paltz Campus Bridge Portal
Return to Covered Bridges
Last Updated February 6, 2000